Friday, February 10, 2012

Live from the New ICU2:

I often say it was ICU2 that  got me into this entire party scene. Yet over time, the little country club set that I'd see regularly and carouse with. But like all good things, people moved on to Skype, Oovoo and all the other zillion sites that offered video chat.
 

Then in a attempt to compete I suppose,  ICU2, based in my home state of Texas, abruptly changed their format. This threw most members into a panic. Speaking only for my friends and I: try learning a new video chat system when you're higher than the highest mountain. I abandoned the wild and woolly chat rooms for the trivia game....where I did quite well.

As time went on, I let ICU2  fall to the wayside, until last night, when a friend suggested I check it out. No longer a cumbersome (but beloved) program that only worked on the computer you downloaded it on, this new ICU is web-based, and appeared to be doing a brisk business. So much so that the system kept crashing.

Aside from one rotten apple who was incensed I didn't know the sequence of ICU upgrades( this for the record is v. 9-that's NINE), the crowd was fun, but not much activity was going on. It was like open house night at a new time share.


I liked the new concept enough that I bought a one month membership, and will continue to see how it plays.




No comments: