Monday, September 24, 2012

Dream Lovers, Speed Dating and Me

The heat has been relentless this September. Paychecks in the form of my Social Networking job arrived. I still need to do a major eBay or Yard Sale. I've been reading of people who cull through every six months and eliminate stuff. Yet I still have so much baggage scattered about.

It had been a most unusual day. A phone call I expected failed to come through. And then on cam4.com, this hot guy I'd seen months ago re-materialized under a new screen name. He was rather shy on cam....but I would be too if I were buck naked with 30 people watching. I cammed for a few minutes; my standard fully dressed, full of bullshit patter..juggling 4-5 conversations.

Eventually we got over to Skype. He lived north of Chicago which sounded great til I remembered that Wisconsin isn't 'down' from Illinois but above it. I was taking a risk by talking to him..small world that it is but we got so involved in discussing things we had in common and people we knew in California. I have dozens of friends in Chicago and visiting there wasn't out of the ordinary.

He wasn't 60 but 50. He wasn't 5'4" but 5'11". I kept shaking my head in disbelief: he was stunningly built but as he puffed and puffed on his peace pipe, his eyes began rolling about in his head. He made my crazy act look tame.

I sent him on his way into cyberspace and went from Lake Michigan to the Atlantic Coast and Maine where I had a great time with a fellow writer who was running a large turn of the century inn. Of course it's haunted so my Dark Shadows memories went into overdrive. I've not been to New England: I have a feeling I'm not going to get Peyton Place.

Alas he had two or three romantic triangles going on but as I've learned, it's better to listen and keep my mouth shut vs offer advice. No one asks for it, nor takes it anyway. Ha.

By the time I finally logged out and powered off the computer I felt like I'd been on a speed dating frenzy. And there were so many, it was simply fun.

No comments: