Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Struck Dumb and Dumber by A Simple Reality

A few weeks ago, I was on the phone with Mr. Big Woods of Wisconsin: remember him? Okay...so that link was a bit overboard. It's tremendous growth for me to a) realize that  b) tell you about it.

Yes, Woodsy and I talk on occasion and yes, he and Norman Nicely are blissfully happy. And YES, let's change the subject.

I can't remember exactly how it came about but I realized after I'd hung up the phone WHY I find it so easy to go all gooey over someone I meet online, but so rarely find such fireworks locally.

The simple fact is this: with out of town/state/country/continent/planet, I remain insulated. If they don't live here, they can't possibly a) be disappointed in me nor b) can I be hurt if they disappoint me. Yeah, I'm a little dramatic. Makes for a good storyteller...I guess. Now, I'm speaking generally.

That's only taken me 4 years to figure out. I should go buy lottery tickets.

No comments: