Friday, May 11, 2012

About those Saints

Regarding my last post, it appears I got so caught up in my more bizarre encounters, I didn't mention the good experiences I've had. In fact, I was talking the other day with my old chorus pal MJ Ramsey. One of the many benefits of having friends like MJ is that they aren't afraid to point out your weaknesses/shortcomings/failures yet manage to do so constructively: really.

I was lamenting the loss of someone who'd come into my life via ICU2 exactly when I needed a stranger. This was about 2 years ago and that night, I was two sobs away from total hysteria. This kind person got me on the telephone (and off the computer before I could make a fool of myself) listened to my crise de l'heure, and convinced me that everything would turn out all right, and to get my ass on the flight I'd bought a ticket for. I did, and he was right.

We continued as fast cyber-friends for months after that, no longer only connecting through Skype, but by email, other social networks and telephone. But as time went on, we slowly fell out of touch. Much of this was my fault: I felt all the contact was initiated by me: I was always calling him. He wasn't always home, and didn't have an answering machine. Granted, he had a life as we all do, but I felt kind of ignored. I can look back to the....

Luckily for you reading this, MJ interrupted me before I was able to flip the calendar back to ancient times, and in his own subtle way, observed aloud that so many of my 'little' stories start so positively yet end with me bitching about the subject of the story.

He was spot on. Thank you, MJ. And to those of you reading this: I have one hell of a good time more often than not. So let me tell you about my most recent one:

Nicholas and I had enjoyed numerous hot play sessions, involving: hypnosis, role play, bondage, masks, measuring tape, nipple clamps, mind control...and that's what I brought to the table. We hadn't seen each other in awhile....only in Los Angeles could two people live 10 minutes away yet have trouble coordinating schedules. We finally caught up via cam: and not surprisingly, Nicky looked even better than ever.

He had a touch of grey in his beard, but I'm not exactly the Ivory Snow baby anymore either. I kind of envisioned us like in those old movies where baby powder in the hair is the only emphasis on growing older.

So, he asked me if I wanted to get together and I said, 'let's have supper'. And in about an hour and a half, he picked me up in his big ol' SUV and off to supper in Silver Lake we went. I didn't tell him the reason I hadn't pushed harder to get together was that a) I thought he was divinely marvelous and that I doubted he felt the same way, and b) I wanted more than just sex and I felt like that was all he was interested in.
And yes, I know I have issues.

So despite those things, we had the best conversation about all sorts of subjects, laughed and laughed, and when he dropped me back at my place, we exchanged a kiss. And in my over the top style I floated back upstairs to my apartment. It only takes one lovely date to make a half dozen or so drama queens fade into nothingness.

Just like that.







No comments: