Friday, January 28, 2011

Boys in the (Remastered) Sand

Originally posted 1/28/2011 on another site and in a different format

I like movies...but you may have figured that out.

I'm also fascinated by film restoration, film history and documentaries. Here's a cool cool link to a You Tube clip on color remastering done for the 'adult film' classic Boys in the Sand.

A documentary is in the works on the director of BITS, Wakefield Poole, by the same producers of That Man: Peter Berlin.  The doc-in-progress is titled Dirty Poole. The before and after remastering on these clips are great....I can't wait to see the hardcore stuff.

By the way, on this January night it's about 72 degrees Fahrenheit...22 Celsius. I think I'll get out from behind this desk and head down to Santa Monica for lunch and walking.

No comments: